Getting your home ready to SELL FSBO -101
I’m thinking about Selling my home For Sale By Owner – how do I get my home ready to sell!
A couple of tips that we have learned over the past 23 years in preparing our clients at TexasFSBO for Showings
- The Old Adage “You Never Have A Second Chance To Make A Good Impression”
Always have the mind set Buyers have No Imagination – Start with the front of the home – what do people see when the pull up in the driveway – Is the lawn in good shape do I need to start watering or cutting – do I need to spruce up the landscaping – is the driveway cracked or uneven. These are the first impressions buyers are going to make of your home; make sure it leaves a great memory for them
- Clutter is a KILLER – Too much furniture makes rooms look small – try and pare down oversized pieces to make rooms look bigger – Too many appliances on the countertops make kitchen counters shrink and look small – if necessary keep toasters – blenders and coffee makers to a minimum or in a cupboard when showing
- Do I need to Re-Paint and Replace Carpets before Selling? If you are asking the question the answer is most likely YES! Again Buyers have no imagination if they see worn/stained carpets they immediately think it’s going to cost the x amount to replace – If it’s in your budget DO IT – before putting the home on the market – a new mid grade carpet and fresh paint will most likely save you “Thousands” before you start negotiating.
- You Don’t Have To Spend a lot to make an impact – Deep cleaning your Bathrooms – Shining up the Windows and Dusting the Blinds – Changing Air Filters – Scrubbing the Kitchen – These all make an impact and only cost a little elbow grease
- Call us directly at TexasFSBO/My Castle Realty – We are happy to visit with you and help you devise a strategy to get your home in tip top shape